logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Having Log on Problems?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

snow leopard,Leopard,Tiger? is Safari all the way up dated? Have you cleaned your data/cookies and tried to start over again? Have you tried to see if Firefox is giving you the same problems? Thoses are just the basic 101 questions I can think of right now.

I have learned over the past 4 years that Firefox is better than Safari overall on a Mac. It can be the other way from what I understand somethings too. I know there were a few things that worked better in Safari but overall all I use now is firefox and it hasnt given my many problems in the past few years. Swmgamers seems to keep me logined in most of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:14 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

jonnyb815 wrote:
snow leopard,Leopard,Tiger? is Safari all the way up dated? Have you cleaned your data/cookies and tried to start over again?

Yes to all of these questions (Snow Leopard latest version, Safari latest version, cleared out cookies and it still doesn't work right).

Quote:
Have you tried to see if Firefox is giving you the same problems? Thoses are just the basic 101 questions I can think of right now.

I haven't used it on Firefox enough to answer if it does the exact same thing, however the 'automatically log me in' will not be honored if you've quit and restarted Firefox. Using v3.6.3 of Firefox.

I've also noticed that the site does not do domain re-writing. So if you go to swmgamers.com, that's a completely different session from http://www.swmgamers.com. I've had that one bite me a couple times in the past. Going to swmgamers.com should really redirect you to http://www.swmgamers.com (or whichever way around the owner prefers)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, the 'Remember Me' function does not work, and we have tried for months to get it fixed and nobody seems to be able to figure out what's wrong with it. Unfortunately, nobody on the 'staff' for the website is super knowledgeable about that kind of stuff anymore, as our main 'web guy' headed off to different ventures a while back. So, we just have to live with that.

What I find, is that if use the 'tabs' feature in either Firefox or Safari, then I have no problems at all. But as soon as you close the window that you had swmgamers loaded on, it will sign you out. Try that and see if it makes a difference.