logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Pastimes, Niles, IL 200 point DCI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:38 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

We had 7 turn up for this weeks 200 point DCI tourney. We were expecting more (particulally a certain individual who announced he was bringing droids) but i guess saturday night had been a heavy one for a lot of people.

Anyway, i used the tourney to try out MercBuck Mountain

Boba Merc
Yoda on Kybuck
Panaka
Padme
Obi Padwan
r2 astro
Mas
2 x uggies

Map - Starship

1st match was against gunner running a General Wedge swarm

Mara Jade, Jedi
Han smuggler
Jariah Syn
Jaina
Talon Karrde
General Wedge
Human Scoundrel
luke spirit
dodonna

This match was on the Starship. He started left and i was on the right. Split my team so some were in the control room and the others were in the airlock. He started his guys all over the side of the map. He won init and passed it to me, i intuitioned boba to the control room door and used padme to let boba fire on Syn(end of turn effect so the door resolves 1st if i choose). I hit but he evades, i take a shot with boba and Syn evades so i move away and the door closes. Nothing more happens offensively that turn. I move Yodabuck into the central broken turbolift and he moves Mara to behind the central reactor chamber wall. He wins init again and passes it to me, i spin a couple of uggies and he moves syn shooting a uggie. I then master speed gallop with Yoda and put 40 on wedge who was in by the blast door (i may have th airlock and the blastdoors mixed up, for now assume the blastdoors are the top left hand Nook). Padme activates and lets yoda put another 20 on him. Han activates and puts 40 on Yoda, then the Human scoundrel activates and he combines with both wedge and dodonna to put another 30 on the buck. I swap Boba for yodabuck and waste wedge and put 20 on dodonna (i forgot he activated with the combine). Yoda is in the airlock next to r2 and within 12 of Mara, i move Obi padawan so that Mara has to go around him to get at Yodabuck putting him at 15 squares distance. Mara moves 6 and shoots padawan putting 10 on him. Init and i win it, intuition with Boba and light up han, padme activates and puts 10 on mara and free shotting boba to kill Han. Syn put 40 on the padawan and then talon moved forward to finish padawan. Yoda felt the pressure so got towed over mara (20dmg) and next to Talon (20dmg). Yoda then activated and put 20 on Talon before galloping to kill him and kept galloping away from Mara taking out the Human scoundrel. Mara decided to charge on the Command nucleous. Panaka activates swapping Boba for Mas. I win init and put 90 on Mara killing her and then its just mop up

1-0

2nd match was against ethan with

Mara
Han GH
Kreia
Lobot
wedge
uggies

Again on Starship.
This match was funny becauue Ethan decided to bring an MTB with 4 uggies as reinforcements. He set up in the blastdoors and my set up was the same as previous.
He won init and took it so i just intutioned Boba out of LOS if the door were to open. He spun uggies. I towed yoda to the escape pods and unlocked the front door of the control room. He them moved lobot to lock it. I moved padawan Obi out and swapped with Boba, Boba moved and shot Lobot killing him, i also too a shot at mara who evaded it. End of round he cloaked Kreia and advance with the other figs. leaving wedge and all his uggies in teh blastdoors. He won init with the MTB, i intuitioned with Boba, and he moved forward with Kreia and Mara opening the control room door. I then towed Yoda and Galloped with master speed killing all but 2 uggies, the MTB and putting 20 on wedge. He moved to shoot r2 with Han hit one and missed one leavign him alive. I swapped in Obi padawan and finished the last 2 uggies.
I moved my uggies so Mara couldn't get an assault on yodabuck.
He wins init and kills wedge.
He kills r2 and puts 30 on Yodabuck with Han and bases my uggies with kreia. I master speed with yoda and run from teh control room to the blastdoors with Yoda and shoot at Mara with Boba, she takes 30 but evades the other. Mara sprints after yoda. i can't remember what else i did.
He wins init and kills Kreia.
mara is too far to assault but yoda takes more of a beating. yoda gives some back, i swap in Boba and kill Mara.

He conceeded before the last init where he would have to kill Han.

2-0.

the last match was against Ed

he had
Han Smugg
Yoda Degobah
Princess Leia
Chewie of Hoth
Golan Turret
Dodonna
R2PO
Luke HPU
2 uggs

Again on starship.
So this started bad for Ed as he missplaced Han Smuggler. So i counter set up to snipe him if I won init. I won init and i intuitioned to teh control rom door, Padme gave him a shot, then boba doubled. That was pretty much the game but we played it out. Boba Swapped out to safety and then Obi moved to hiding. Yoda buck ran to the center turbo lift. He won init and stunned Yoda. I towed to shoot with Boba on luke i missed and he deflected one, Boba got pushed and then Chewie deadeyed on r2 defeating him. The droids disrutped Yoda. The rest of the game is kind of confusing, boba killed leia and the dorids but tok about 90 dmg in the process. Yoda was stunned in teh center until the droids were dead and Padawan obi was swapped in. yoda oD died to the combined attacks of obi padawn, boba and Leia. Yodabuck finished off Luke and then him and obi made quick work of chewie. The 2 last remaining pieces for Ed were the golan and dodonna. the gollan was taken out in 2 phases by obipadwan and padme's extra attack.

3-0

It was a decent test of the build but i still think that it struggles via droids which i was hoping to face to really tests the squads mettle. Still with the boardwide swap, huge movement and extra attacks this squad is an absolute blast to play.

Post subject: Re: Pastimes, Niles, IL 200 point DCI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice report.

I would use Zuckuss instead of Obi Padawan, but that is just personal preference.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:40 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Nice report.

I would use Zuckuss instead of Obi Padawan, but that is just personal preference.

Fair enough. I don't think i need an other intuition dude though. If i were to change Obi it would be to Lando and a gran. The 70 HP is quite important, it allows him to take a reasonable amount of dmg (mainly a twin from an IG droid). When you decide to allow him to take dmg you expect it to hit so his low D is irrelevant, its just how much dmg he can absorb.
Also him and yoda make a nice 100 dmg punch with the swap and Padme. Doesn't matter who gets Padme's att or when. Start of round, end of round its always 10-18 att for 100 dmg and Atauro comes off alot because this squad tends to spread the opponents apart and kill off fodder.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:17 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

i wish i would of been able to face you since you were the only one that had the most melee. yes you had boba with padme but i still think it would of been fun.