logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A New Era, a New San
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I posted a San squad a few days ago (A Dash of San), but that was before the Twi'lek Vigo got revealed. I have since seen the error of my ways.

Here is what I think may be the prevailing San squad post IE.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/ViewSqua ... adID=29052

--San Hill - IE--
41 Aurra Sing, Jedi Hunter
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Lobot
23 Jarael
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
10 San Hill
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Lobot:
8 Wicket
12 Gran Raider x3
(150pts. 11 activations)

Obviously, could do other things for the activations depending on the scenario. Jarael and the TBSV are just....wow. Plus, the TBSV fits PERFECTLY in the slot where Lando DS would have gone before. I'm actually half tempted to build the squad without the TBSV in there, and then only bring him in through Lobot when necessary. Could just load up the squad with activations instead. I like the option of using BOTH the TBSV and then Wicket or a Kel Dor if it is needed to counter something like a Lancer.

In terms of Damage potential, this far out-weighs the Alliance & Empire era versions of San. No question about it. Yes, Boba BH had higher attack values, but that was only against Uniques. But you're also looking at getting BOTH Dash and Jarael instead of Boba, PLUS 11 points left over from that! So, the A&E San Hill had a max damage per round of right around 100 (60 from Aurra, 40 from Boba), whereas this version can be between 180 (against non-Jedi, non-Droids), to 200 (against Jedi), to 210 (against Droids), to 230 (Jedi AND Droids, uncommon I know)!! That's an enormous damage increase. Even if Dash only hits half of his attacks, you're still doing at least as good as Boba BH was.

Another advantage this has over old San variants: Stun abilities. Jolt on the TBSV and 3 chances at stun from Jarael's Shockstaff. That's brutal. This is also probably why I'd bring in Wicket in a lot of games, to help Jarael's chances of those attacks landing at home. Jarael also is a perfect answer to anyone running Melee, and especially people running Jedi. She may only last a round or two, but while she's doing that Aurra and Dash can unload on the opponent. Most Jedi won't be able to survive an encounter like that, and the ones that do, will have to take the chance at getting the Triple Shockstaff the following round!

I am REALLY liking what I see here. Still kind of upset that Seps (and Imps too for that matter) don't have access to cheap Disruptive. But for now, bringing a Kel Dor BH or a Human BG in with the Reinforcements should give all the protection this squad would need against enemy CEs.

Post subject: Re: A New Era, a New San
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, I just play-tested this squad against Joruus Cbaoth and won!

Joruus was playing a new Thrawn swap squad with:

Lord Vader
Thrawn IE
Ozzel
Mas
Gran x3
Caamasi x2
Ugo x2

I brought Wicket, 2 Ugos, and 2 Mouse Droids with Lobot's reinforcements.

I was quite worried at first since I had no Accurate and no Disruptive. I just concentrated on taking out his activations where I could though. I activated Dash early in round 2 in order to take out an Ugo and start cutting down Joruus' activations. Joruus made a beautiful play in Round 2 abusing his Caamasi's, and swapped Vader down the shaft area (we were playing on Death Star) to put him in easy range of Dash. But, as I had the activation advantage, even though I lost Dash, I still put 40 damage on Vader that round. The next round was the 'big' one. JC rolled a 1 for init, so Jarael moved in for the Triple/Stun on Vader. She ended up doing 30 damage to him, AND left him stunned. JC swapped Vader to semi-safety, but I moved Aurra up and got a Blaster Barrage killing an Ugo and putting 30 more on Vader. Following round it was all over. So, yes, dice rolls were a tad in my favor that game (it's OK, JC made up for it in the next game, lol). But I was still impressed with how fast I pulled that off.

Jarael is a BEAST in this squad. She really needs Wicket to help with her Attacks, especially if she runs up against a Vader or Kyle JBM, or something like that. The nice thing is though, if Stun is in play, opponent's will save their FPs for that so unless they are rolling super hot, Jarael doesn't have to worry too much about Riposte, Djem So, etc. I'm excited to test this one out some more.

Post subject: Re: A New Era, a New San
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:06 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Looks nasty... I bet some of my old buddies from GA are having a field day with squads like this. Can't wait to play against it