23 Lando Calrissian, Hero of Taanab
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
34 Storm Commando x2
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Human Bodyguard
8 Mas Amedda
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 10 activations)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, the Rainmaker is gonna get you one way or the other! Its either double deadeye twin cunnings from the SCs, or a quad Opp from Lando. Either way, you are gonna get hit.
Oh and the squad name comes from a Phillip Seymore Hoffman quote from Along Came Polly. Just picture him dressed all up in "street B-ball gear" and missing wildly while calling out "It's the RAinmaker!" This one will either hit really hard, or die a horrible death with its low hps. Hence the name :)

This comes out of my discussion I started in General about Thrawn's Usefulness in the new meta. And if you really want more of a lancer counter (not sure its needed as I don't think Lancer's are dominating as much as they were, especially not at 150) you can get a Kel Dor in there instead of Nyna (yep, SS isn't that important, can you believe it?).

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject: Re: Its the Rainmaker!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL @ Rainmaker. That's a great part of that movie.

Yeah, I've found SS isn't anywhere near as necessary as it used to be. Too many pieces like Rex and the IG-86 Droids that don't have Accurate. Of course, locally, we still have a couple folks who enjoy running Mandos, so have to watch out for Boba MC sometimes. But with Lando HOT in there, along with the Thrawn Swap, you probably don't need super Stealth much anyways, as you can use Mobile/Twin most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I am actually curious about that...does anyone still really use SS anymore? With so much swapping, not sure the points we use to gain SS are worth it...Opinions?

(Sorry Bill for hijacking your thread...didn't mean it, maybe you have an opinion on it.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, as I mentioned before, I played Imperials with Super Stealth just two weeks ago at our LGS, and I cleaned house with it. You're going to run into a few people with Accurate here and there, because someone is almost always going to play Boba BH, or Han Scoundrel or things like that. Super Stealth still helps a lot, even against the swapping squads, because you have 6 less squares to worry about.

Typically, if I'm playing Thrawn/Storm Commandos at 100 points, I don't worry about Nyna, because for the 18 points I can get in a 2nd Storm Commando, and through Swapping and out-activating (easy to get 8+ activations) I can usually keep the SCs from getting shot at all. I also usually don't play with Mas at 100 points. So that's the main time where I don't use Nyna. For the other point levels, it's too hard to know what squads I'll be facing, and with the likes of San and Dodonna, it's very hard to out-activate opponents, so it becomes more necessary to have the Super Stealth in order to put pieces in position, and keep them alive till the next round.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I find SS to be a mixed bag right now. Its worth it against Accurate shooters, and pointless the rest of the time. I have it in this one, because I can use Nyna for other things. Extra dmg to a Mara or other stealthers, and as a twin shooter herself with recon. Its not great, but its effective enough to keep it in there. At 100, I wouldn't bother with her either, as Lobo said. But I don't think you lessen the squad to drop her for either another SC, or more likely another Kel Dor, it would simply change your style of play a little bit, less swap and double deadeye shooting, and more mobile twins.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:41 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I have a 200 point team that I use similar to this one, the drawbacks are I use Veers, to grant accurate shot, I also use Ozzel to take better advantage of Opportunist a bit better. I always feel that I waste too many points on Commanders. The team does well, but I always feel that there could be a better build. I like your use of Czerka in here, I haven't tried that yet. I think it ends up being like 60 plus points of commanders, I just feel it's a waste. Once my commanders take a hit, things start to fall apart.