logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Tourney this saturday...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:15 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

And I'm thinking of running this, as I feel it can give alot of the top 150 squads problems.

Total:149,8 Activations.
Darth Tyranus, LotDS (49)
Aurra Sing, JH (41)
Lobot (27)
Kel-Dor BH (13)
San Hill (10)
Uggiesx3 (9)

Lobot has the option of bring in the 4 uggies and MTB or against builds where that might be a liability, he can bring in any number of combinations. I like the idea of bringing in another uggie and a IG86 droid (as a +13/30 shooter isn't bad), or perhaps good old Lando, DS.

Tyranus and Aurra are a nightmare for Yobuck, with her 60dmg twin to take from AoO, and his Block and Riposte, means he could (and probably will be dead) in 2 gallops, where he has to pass them. Lancer squads are more of a problem, but with Tyranus' lightning you can take advantage of the fact you'll probably get to move your big hitters first, and hopefully get a stun on them.

The Kel-Dor is a great scrub killer, and will make a great meat-shield against the lancer, in fact, playing the slingshot squad, I might bring in a 2nd Kel-Dor and some filler with Lobot as the reinforcements, for big bomb fun.

Anyways, thoughts? I can't think of any squad which this wouldn't be able to seriously compete against, but any help would be greatly appreciated...

Post subject: Re: Tourney this saturday...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:08 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

That's actually a build type that some of us considered using at GenCon this past year. It's not horrible. I think you'll have a hard time using an MTB effectively against the Yobuck or AniSTAP squads though. Otherwise, the build seems fairly solid. The biggest thing I would worry about is how you would deal with the IG-86/GGDAC squads. I suppose the MTB in that situation might work out OK. Would just have to be careful with your placement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:21 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Eh...unless Thrawn is packing Ozzel as well (which would be kind of silly, IMO) then it shouldn't matter. With San Hill, it should be easy enough to out-maneuver the Storm Commandos. Plus, in that case, the KDBH makes a great piece for picking off Stormtroopers with his Stealth that the Stormies and SCs can't shoot back at. Oooh, plus, if you meet up against that kind of Imperial squad, that's when you run the MTB. :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

To be honest, against Yobuck or Anistap then I wouldn't bother with the MTB, I'll probably either bring in another Kel-Dor and some filler or I'll go with Lando, DS. Aurra and Tyranus should cause enough melee problems (especially for Yobuck with his lack of flight) that I won't really need an MTB against them (or I will bring one, and protect him and the fodder with the big two, and use it as bait to hit Yobuck with a couple AoO, I'm happy to lose some uggs/Kel-Dor/MTB if it means I can kill Yobuck.)

IG86 and GGDAC should be manageable unless they're packing a Lancer. That will be the toughest match up, but I think the best thing would be to bring in an ugnaught boss and more uggies with Lobot or something, and just make life hard for the Lancer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:54 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Shadows wrote:
(especially for Yobuck with his lack of flight)

Except that most Yobuck squads also bring along R2-Astromech, so they will have at least some Flight capability.

Shadows wrote:
IG86 and GGDAC should be manageable unless they're packing a Lancer. That will be the toughest match up, but I think the best thing would be to bring in an ugnaught boss and more uggies with Lobot or something, and just make life hard for the Lancer.

Eh...Dooku alone will be your defense against the Lancer. With the 2 options for Riposte, a Strafing Lancer will likely end up taking 40 damage in the process. And good luck for the Lancer player if you can end a round within 12 of it, and then win Init. Force Lightning 4 and that's a dead Lancer. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:19 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Yeah it's a good build, but if you face off against a Yuuzhan Vong team it will be tough to win.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:06 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I've been tinkering, and changed it to this...which build looks strongest?
The double-override seems to be a fairly common theme, and will really help on chancellors (probably the map i'll take), and also against strafe squads that target my ugo's. And T3-M4 can kill off the MTB if it comes in through Lobot, by running the MTB adjacent and flaming.

But, it does mean I lose a very useful scrub killer/back up shooter.

Total:150, 7 Activations.
Darth Tyranus, LotDS (49)
Aurra Sing, JH (41)
Lobot (27)
T3-M4 (17)
San Hill (10)
Uggiesx2 (6)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, T3 can be just as useful as a back-up scrub killer. Flamethrower 20 will get you more damage over the course of a game than the KDBH shooting for 10 dmg each shot. I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:51 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

If you're planning on running the MTB, taking out the Kel Dor might not be the best thing, IMO. I like the first squad the best. A more enclosed map is the key to sucess for this squad.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee