logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Something I was fiddling around with, need advice...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:29 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

I really didn't put all that much time into it, so probably sucks right now. I'm usually someone who just goes "holy crap, game starts in 15 minutes and I have no squad" but I want to get a couple new squads "in the hole" for me to try eventually...

Kyle Katarn JBM 54
Garm Bel Iblis 45
Lobot 27
Luke Skywalker, Force Spirit (LS to Kyle)
Caamasi Noble 5
3x Ug 12

Possible Reinforcements:
[uGarm[/u]
CorSec Officer 22
2x Mon Cal Tech 8

Lobot
Lando, DS

150 points, 12 activations

Garm is there mainly for his Reinforcements and to give Kyle the ability to move 3 and still Triple Attack (or move 4 with a FP). Not sure whether I like the idea of the CorSec Officer or not, but with him he grants the Mon Cals/Ugs/Noble with Deceptive and Its A Trap (in case I run into the SS Squads). Lando is so I have control over both Melee and Non-Melee. Luke of course helps out Kyle with FR.

How can I help this squad?

With Garm's Reinforcements: Thinking of taking out the CorSec and 1 Mon Cal in exchange for a Golan. Only reason I'm thinking that is I'm not sure how stable the CorSec is gonna be: Stealth and Evade are good combos, and his CE is nice but not great for the lower minis with cruddy attacks. Or the ERC and 14 other points for Double Override? Or Bothan Noble and 13 points for Kyle or someone elses Extra Attack? Several options now...

With Lobot's Reinforcements: Well, Lando DS is a kickass piece so I may keep that. I've heard of people doing Wicket + 4 Ugs/Ewoks. Or my new personal favorite of the Kel Dor and Aqualish Assassin. There are a lot of possibilities to try here =o/

Post subject: Re: Something I was fiddling around with, need advice...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 pm 
General
General

Kyle and Garm is currently one of the best combos in the game, in my opinion. But even with Kyle's 20 def and 140 HP, he still seems to drop faster than I'd like (probably because I run him into the action sooner than I should). When you play this, make sure you have something available for reinforcements that can take some heat off of Kyle. A Golan could work for that. Just bring all the different combos of reinforcements you mentioned to the game, and pick the ones that will work best against your opponent's squad.

Although I'm not sure the CorSec Officer is necessary with Kyle, because Kyle is a pretty good anti-Super Stealth piece all by himself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm thinking the Bothan Noble would be great with Kyle...it's a lot of points to boost 1 character, but he has enough survivability to be worth it in most situations.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Interesting build. My only concern would be that, though Kyle is a beast, having only one serious damage dealer is probably a bad idea. The opponent will only need focus on Kyle and when he dies, that's game. While you can bring in some good shooters with the reinforcements, I'm not sure you can bring in enough to take the pressure off of Kyle. As Shinja said, a Golan is a pretty good bet, and Lando is great, but right there you've used up all your reinforcement options. It's a tough call. I guess experiment against the different common builds to see if you can support Kyle with reinforcements alone. I think one really good shooter is almost a must to back him up, and to make an opponent think twice about what is the greater threat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Certainly depends on your opponent's squad, but using a Golan to block the middle of the gambit area, and then letting Kyle sit behind and fire away with Lightning, round after round, would be quite fun. :D