logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: "Scoundrel? I Like the Sound of That." [FU Update]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:08 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

[Crossposted from gleemax, at the urging of Flea :)]

Below is another update of the squad I've been working on since Universe release. Back then it looked like this:

Han Solo, Rebel Hero
Dash Dendar
Admiral Ackbar
Princess Leia, Senator
R2-D2

It slowly evolved over the release of other sets, with the most recent incarnation outlined here.

With help from Flea, this is the newest version:

Han Solo, Rogue
Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Bossk, Bounty Hunter
Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel
Rebel Trooper on Taun Taun
Princess Leia, Senator
Juno Eclipse
R2-D2
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

I'm honestly a bit weary of this version, as it doesn't include what I would call 'staples' of this squad: Han Solo, Rebel Hero; Boba Fett, Enforcer; or Aurra Sing. Though those of you who remember the first version wil be happy to see Dash retired.

I'm interested to see what the community thinks of this version, considering how different it is.[/url]

Post subject: Re: "Scoundrel? I Like the Sound of That." [FU Update]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:05 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Never really liked Bossk and the new Leia seems as she would fit a bit better
Drop Bossk (-25) and P Leia, Senator(-13) add in P Leia (20) Leaves you with 18 points to play with.
Then you could add in R2-PO and 8 points of fodder
or
Bossk and a Ugo for the extra shooter.

I think the extra shot for this shooter heavy squad would help more than a subpar shooter in Bossk BH and the little extra movement from Senator.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:00 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I cant argue with Wolf's review. I think he nailed it squarely (An A&E base pun!) on the head. Princess Leia would make Han Rogue an better shooter, and will make Luke deadly in between rounds that he can Force Push, too. As you have alluded to, Han Rogue is not the best shooting option, but his init control more than makes him worth it in today's meta.

If you drop bossk and Senator Leia for Princess Leia, you've got 18 points left. if you also dropped Lando you can get one of your preferred Aurra/Boba Enforcer options in there, Aurra fits perfectly.

Han Solo, Rogue (30)
Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed (28)
Princess Leia (20)
Aurra Sing (37)
Rebel Trooper on Taun Taun (13)
Juno Eclipse (8)
R2-D2 (8)
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2 (6)
----------------------------
150 points, 9 activations

Now that is a squad I wouldn't mind rolling out for DCI 150. Your version or this one are both good builds, but I think you'd get better results with this version since I would consider it more optimized to combat the current power squads in competitive play. Hope my ideas help :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:11 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I wont say that this squad is bad, but I think that you definitely need a better Rebel Shooter than Hoth Pilot, Unleashed; or The solo mentioned here to justify Leia's 20 point cost. The best you are going to get is an extra shot each round at +15 for 30 (40 with a cunning Han). Frankly, that isn't enough. Beyond that if you are going to get the better damage option you have to leave Han exposed, definitely counter productive to the initiative control problem.

I think the addition of a better rebel shooter is necessary, or choosing a Leia with a commander effect that is more capable of delivering it's effect. I might suggest the Force Sense Leia (no CE) or the senator Leia to give Luke psuedo-mobile. Either option frees up enough points to add some activations, because you have loosened up 7 points you could upgrade Aurra to a 44 point shooter, who does not benefit from standing still. In this way that Shooter could have a psuedo-mobile attack too. But I think I would just go with Boba Enforcer, and 2 ugnaughts.

ImageImage