logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Shaak Interferece Squad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

With all theses modified Han Cannon squads flying around I thought I'd mod the first place squad:

Shaak Ti, Jedi Master 47
Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter 62
R2-D2, Astromech Droid 9
Wicket 8
Lando Calrissian, Dashing Scoundrel 18
Uggyx2
7 activations, 150 points exactly
The last 32 points are up in the air, I threw in what I thought would be best.

Shaak seems to me like a good replacement for two JWMs, her defense is better, her attack is better, she has more damage output and Stealth. However, she is a Unique, which will definitely hurt her in today's meta, what with all the Bounty Hunters flying around. From thirteen squares away Shaak can deal 60 damage against an unactivated enemy, with at least another 20 from Ripostes. Not too shabby for 47 points.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Shaak Interferece Squad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Replace Lando for Typho,

Boba Fett, Bounty hunter 62
Shaak Ti, JM 47
R2-D2, Astromech Droid 9
Wicket 8
Captain Typho 18
Ugo x2 6

Typho has about the same stats as lando, but is more defensive in nature. While Lando would add some more fire support, when you lose initiative he isn't too reliable of a shooter, versus Tyhpo's ability to soak up that unlucky crit or shot on your figs as you advance or makes your opponent target him instead of Shaak or Boba to prevent you deciding when to switch that damage giving you an extra turn to get into a better position. They're both good choices though depends on if you would prefer the added survivability or the added attack strength.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:55 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jedimasterwolf wrote:
Replace Lando for Typho,

Boba Fett, Bounty hunter 62
Shaak Ti, JM 47
R2-D2, Astromech Droid 9
Wicket 8
Captain Typho 18
Ugo x2 6

Typho has about the same stats as lando, but is more defensive in nature. While Lando would add some more fire support, when you lose initiative he isn't too reliable of a shooter, versus Tyhpo's ability to soak up that unlucky crit or shot on your figs as you advance or makes your opponent target him instead of Shaak or Boba to prevent you deciding when to switch that damage giving you an extra turn to get into a better position. They're both good choices though depends on if you would prefer the added survivability or the added attack strength.

Lando has oppertunist so he is aided by you losing initiative, really. Lando, DS is one of my favorite pieces to use in San Hill Squads because of oppertunist and mobile. In this case he may not be your best choice since you are on the lower end of the "accepted amount of activations" for competitive 150 play. But if the other people you're playing aren't bringing more pieces to the match, he is my favorite low-cost shooter. maybe a few bespin guards instead of Lando? that would give you more activations and some combine fire help for Boba if you come up against high defense Jedi or those annoying stormtroopers with Vader, IC, or Felucian Stormtrooper Officer (or both!). Boba would need 9s to hit 23 D in cover without combine fire on a unique target. He would need an 18 on one of the new-fangled 30 defense stormtroopers.

Really it is up to you and what the people in your area like to run. I usually try to go for activations so that I can pick when I want to activate my heavy hitters in a round. It looks pretty solid overall though. You can't go wrong with Boba, BH and I have a huge crush on the new Shaak Ti. The one area you're lacking in is init control, but it is hard to get that into a lot of Repulbic squads and still have it be cost-effective. Good squad here, I might have to tweak it and try this combo sometime soon :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:25 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Woops, my mistake on the Lando bit, must have mixed up opportunist and cunning when writing that out :-P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:48 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the squad, but I'm not sure about wicket or lando. You may want to just fill it in with ugnaughts. Shaak ti and Boba are brutal.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:31 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I like it more with that Dashing Scoundrel; he's one of the best <20 shooters out there.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:08 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I like the squad. I will probaly run it some time. I am just wondering though what does Wicket do for the squad. I know about the traps thing but would the 8 pts. be better spent on another piece. I was also wondering would Boba Fett Mercenary be good in here or should I go with the BBH because of all of his tricks? Thanks for the idea I have been trying to come up with something for Shaak Ti.

Kote lo'shebs'ul narit

A pint of ale, a pint of blood.
Buys men without a name
We never care about who wins
So you can keep your fame.

http://galacticcampaigns.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:53 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

NA-2814 Ganthet wrote:
I like the squad. I will probaly run it some time. I am just wondering though what does Wicket do for the squad. I know about the traps thing but would the 8 pts. be better spent on another piece. I was also wondering would Boba Fett Mercenary be good in here or should I go with the BBH because of all of his tricks? Thanks for the idea I have been trying to come up with something for Shaak Ti.

Boba, Merc would definitely be good, but when you lose init you lose your damage output. He might work in 200 with Lobot and a lot of fodder for the MTB.

Boba, Merc 58
Shaak Ti, JM 47
Lobot 27
Uggyx6

That would probably be your build if you were to use Boba, Merc. Lots of fodder for the MTB and two amazing Cunning Attackers.