Hall of Fame Member

Han Scoundrel
Luke Hoth Pilot
Lobot
Princess Leia
Obi Spirit
Ughnaught Boss
2 x uggies

Map = Hardboard Starship but you could take mustafar also.

This is the Han Cannon with an MTB engine so reinforcements is generally 4 x uggie and the Munn Tacticas Broker (MTB) but on occasion you might wanna change (like when facing a lot of nom bombs or San Hill).

Its got extreme power output as the Han Cannon is known for but with a much better chance of getting those cunnings off. Essentially, if you don't face another MTB or San Hill you can engineer 130-150 dmg at the start of the round. I prefer this to the Han/boba merc because of Han's mettle evades that enable him to take more of a pasting than Merc can. Luke replaces the wookie freedom fighters of old because, well, he's just that good. Not only does he have the push, but he has deflect, a decent gun and can be used by Leia for her CE. He's a steal at his cost.

Won me a tourney today which is why i posted it.

Post subject: Re: Rush Cannon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:04 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Yep - looks sweet. Do you think Luke is worth more than the Golan Deri? That would be my question with this.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:22 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

yes i think that Luke is worth more than the Golan. Against some of the high powered combinations these days (90 to 150 dmg in a phase) the golan is a sitting duck. Its never certain that you will get anything other than 5 gambit points with it.
The han cannon in any build can kill it in 2 phases and it only needs to have one of those phases as cunning barrage to do so. That means a fast death to 21 points.

Luke is not so easy to destroy, mainly because he can move out of harms way until he can unleash a 70 dmg combo with leia (40 push followed by 30 with a leia granted attack).
The usefulness of a auto 40 dmg on sight also cannot be understated not only that but th epush can be incredibly usefull in protecting leia and han when based. Deflect and 19 d also makes him a pain to get rid of.

My one concern of adding luke is the number of activations. You have 2 extra ugnaughts aside from the 4 that lobot brings which isn't a huge amount for an MTB engine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, you are getting 6 rounds of Initiative control guaranteed, 7 to 8 if you're OK with killing of Lobot or Obi-FG at some point. In my experience, since you're winning the almost guaranteed initiative, it's not too difficult to wipe out one of your opponent's heavy hitters by the time you run out of Ugos. A smart opponent will turtle as much as possible, and force you to kill off your MTB before you want to though. Depending on the map choice and squad I was playing, I might even be inclined to touch activate stuff until you decide to kill off the MTB, and just ignore gaining any gambit for myself. 20-30 points of gambit that you gain in advantage over me, might be small enough that I'd trade that for more even chances at winning initiative later on.

If I'm running a B&B style squad, or just a Thrawn squad in general, I would absolutely do that, and wait until I had the initiative control again before really starting to commit any pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:15 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:
If I'm running a B&B style squad, or just a Thrawn squad in general, I would absolutely do that, and wait until I had the initiative control again before really starting to commit any pieces.

yeah, i expect that kind of counter play which is why i called it the rush cannon. Against turtle players your looking to rush to attack at the end of the round and then follow up after winning init. Obi is probably not gonna keep up so you'll be relying on evades. Any beat basing you will get pushed away by luke.

Thats the plan anyway.

Can you actually sacrifice OBI FG to teh MTB? Never really thought of that one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I don't see why not. As far as I can tell, there's nothing in the wording of Light Spirit that says he can't be the target of Tactics Broker. Probably be a good one to confirm with Nickname first though. Then in those situations where your opponent forces you to chase them down, you at least can get a round or two more of winning init.

It's too bad that the Ugo Boss doesn't grant his CE to himself. For the most part, he's just a 15 Commander with no other real use. Hence why I went with the Gonk in some of my other builds. You might be able to use the Gonk for some early Double/Twin action with Han if the set-up is done correctly, and it also nets you one more activation for MTB fodder. Of course, you lose the ability to blow up Ugos and kill/damage opponents in the process. So it's probably just a personal choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:26 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:

It's too bad that the Ugo Boss doesn't grant his CE to himself.

He doesn't?

i thought there was a ruling in the mini-FAQ that he did?

if i take the gonk its 7 uggies and the gonk so i guess it does give the team more fodder (2 more rounds actually) but they will all cost VPs unless the gonk is already in the team.

Still, the exploding uggies helped against the MTB nom bomb squad so i think he's worth it in the absence of disruptive. The uggies are pretty useless but having 10 point bombs you can set off is very handy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:11 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

fingersandteeth wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

It's too bad that the Ugo Boss doesn't grant his CE to himself.

He doesn't?

i thought there was a ruling in the mini-FAQ that he did?

Oh, perhaps there is, I can't remember. I just know his CE says "Allies with Ugnaught..." and typically CEs that specify 'Allies' but doesn't say anything like "including this character" only affect other ones, but not themselves. It's not worded like Nom's CE is anyways. But I could very well be wrong. No access to the mini-FAQ here, so you'll have to check on that one. If the Ugo Boss does have SD10 himself, then I wuold definitely go with the Boss and Ugos for your build. Heck, if that is the correct ruling for the Ugo Boss, let me know, as it would probably mean I might change up my Gonk'ed Boba 200 point squad as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:11 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

it looks like i was mistaken.

There's a ruling thats titled 'Ugnaught Boss' where it talks about the uggernaught being the recipient of the commander effect.
I must've read it quickly and thought that the Boss was the recipient of his own commander effect seeing as the heading applies to him. Why exactly is it headed 'Ugnaught Boss'?

I feel dumb now. It wouldn't have mattered in 2 out of the 3 games but the one against Timmer might have been quite different.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Eh, hate it when that happens. Easy mistake to make though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:27 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Deri, it is like you read my mind, I was just coming online to post this squad for critque when I saw yours. I was thinking about the Death Star map, and wondering if there was an easy way to fit R2-D2 into this squad. I guess in a pinch that You could drop MTB and Uggies for Wicket/Garindan to make things easier to hit for more damage. posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=2188&sid=c2f4661e2480f56ffc7aee8b75d9f6ca#

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:47 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Deri, it is like you read my mind, I was just coming online to post this squad for critque when I saw yours. I was thinking about the Death Star map, and wondering if there was an easy way to fit R2-D2 into this squad. I guess in a pinch that You could drop MTB and Uggies for Wicket/Garindan to make things easier to hit for more damage.

Easiest way to put R2 in is to take out the Uggie boss and add in r2, uggie and gran. You then lose your MTB engine because you have no way to kill the MTB which is a must because its hard to beat a good player in the time you have.

The squad becomes quite different then though and loses quite badly to MTB teams unless you can outactivate them with Lobots reinforcements.

As allways with lobot, his reinforcements are never (should never be) set. Against rogue squads you won't bother with the MTB.