logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Hall of Fame 2014 nominations
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:47 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Alright, so it's time to do the nominations for this year's Hall of Fame class! This will be open for just over 3 weeks, ending December 31st.

The way it works is you can nominate exactly 5 people for induction into the Hall of Fame. The current members of the HoF will then vote on the nominees. Post all nominations in this thread.

The top 3 nominees (people who got the most nominations) will get 1 free "community vote" during the voting process.

Threads are up at both Gamers and Bloomilk; please only post your nomination in one of the two places, not both. Remember that you should nominate exactly 5 people, no more, no less.

As a reminder, here is the list of people who are currently in the Hall of Fame. Don't nominate these guys!

Class of 2008:
Dennis Beard aka Boris the Dwarf
Matt Francella aka Jedicartographer
Jim Fraser aka Moses2813
Eric Larson aka Engineer
Steve Leskow aka Fool
Bill Russell aka Billiv15
Shawn Sparks aka StSparks72
Jason Tanner aka Nickname
Chuck monarch aka ChuckM
Rob Watkins
Kelly Krieble aka Dr Divot
Dean Miller aka Dnemiller

Class of 2009:
Aaron Brueckman aka Lobostele
Jack Irons aka Ironlightsaber
Deri Morgan aka Fingersandteeth
Sarah Richey
Lou Vasilion aka Lou
Prien Xavier

Class of 2010:
Jason Alvey aka Darkjedi21
Mike Fryda aka Kcelser
Matt Peterson aka Mt Magus
Aaron Shockley aka Shinja
Chris West aka Mapmaker
Padraig Neuendorf aka I Kill Gungans

Class of 2011:
Ray Becker aka dvader831
Josh Derksen aka armoredgear7
Les Eller aka LESHIPPY
Daniel Stephens aka Echo
Scott Sykes aka Sithborg

Class of 2012:
Brad Phillips aka The_Celestial_Warrior
Tim Ballard aka TimmerB123
Trevor Payton aka thereisnotry
Jason Kiernan aka urbanjedi
Kerry Logan aka Kezzamachine
Chris Neal aka jedispyder
Ian Gordon aka Jester007

Class of 2013:

David Weeks aka Weeks
Jim McNaney aka Darth_Jim
Eric Frost aka Ruhk

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Post subject: Re: Hall of Fame 2014 nominations
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:20 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'll post here just to try and get something flowing on this thread.

With a shrinking community, many have stepped up to take on even more to keep our game going. It really feels like there are more deserving individuals than ever. It was tough to narrow it down to 5 - but here they are:

Greentime (Graham B)
Best player not currently in the HoF, MANY regional titles, a GenCon top 8, and several top 8 narrow misses (tied me for the most 9th place finishes!) Great guy (hilarious) on top of it all. Still have great fondness of the 2011 regional race and the Utinni Regional champion championship.

Swinefeld (Dave S)
He's been diligent for years contributing to this community. Lots of work on Bloomilk, and great, insightful conversations and comments on the boards of both sites. This year he's turned the volume up to 11 on his contributions, being an absolute juggernaut with what he has done to aide vset 7. Probably should have made the HoF before now, but this year it's a slam dunk.

Urban Shmi (Laura K)
Years of steady contributions, increasing all the time. Squad builder extraordinaire, custom sculpt master, and has really stepped up her gameplay each year too. She was in the mix for a top 8 spot right up until the end this year at GenCon.

sthlrd2 (Jake K) Certainly one of if not THE biggest vset contributor that is not a designer. I have lost track of how many abilities made it on vset cards that he contributed to or were born of his ideas. Active playtester, customizer for gencon sealed and beyond (his scultps getting even better all the time - his Supreme Overlord Quorreal is a masterpiece). Good friend and excellent player. Won the Chicago Regional this year besting a World Champion, a 10 time regional winner, and a 2 time GenCon top 8 finalist. Barely missed the top 8 at GenCon this year (10th place).

Darph_Nader (Gerry R) Gotta give it up to anyone who can make the GenCon top 8 multiple times. I've only ever made it once - it is not an easy feat. Excellent player - each game vs him is like a chess match and my brain melts after awhile. Great guy, building and keeping alive the Western New York crew. Runs AWESOME events while opening up his house to all us gamers and just making it a fantastic weekend every time. Plus - he is a LOT of fun to go have drinks with. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:16 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Grahm B
Laura K
Jake K
Dave S
Mike G

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:26 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TimmerB123 wrote:
I'll post here just to try and get something flowing on this thread.

With a shrinking community, many have stepped up to take on even more to keep our game going. It really feels like there are more deserving individuals than ever. It was tough to narrow it down to 5 - but here they are:

Greentime (Graham B)
Best player not currently in the HoF, MANY regional titles, a GenCon top 8, and several top 8 narrow misses (tied me for the most 9th place finishes!) Great guy (hilarious) on top of it all. Still have great fondness of the 2011 regional race and the Utinni Regional champion championship.

Swinefeld (Dave S)
He's been diligent for years contributing to this community. Lots of work on Bloomilk, and great, insightful conversations and comments on the boards of both sites. This year he's turned the volume up to 11 on his contributions, being an absolute juggernaut with what he has done to aide vset 7. Probably should have made the HoF before now, but this year it's a slam dunk.

Urban Shmi (Laura K)
Years of steady contributions, increasing all the time. Squad builder extraordinaire, custom sculpt master, and has really stepped up her gameplay each year too. She was in the mix for a top 8 spot right up until the end this year at GenCon.

sthlrd2 (Jake K) Certainly one of if not THE biggest vset contributor that is not a designer. I have lost track of how many abilities made it on vset cards that he contributed to or were born of his ideas. Active playtester, customizer for gencon sealed and beyond (his scultps getting even better all the time - his Supreme Overlord Quorreal is a masterpiece). Good friend and excellent player. Won the Chicago Regional this year besting a World Champion, a 10 time regional winner, and a 2 time GenCon top 8 finalist. Barely missed the top 8 at GenCon this year (10th place).

Darph_Nader (Gerry R) Gotta give it up to anyone who can make the GenCon top 8 multiple times. I've only ever made it once - it is not an easy feat. Excellent player - each game vs him is like a chess match and my brain melts after awhile. Great guy, building and keeping alive the Western New York crew. Runs AWESOME events while opening up his house to all us gamers and just making it a fantastic weekend every time. Plus - he is a LOT of fun to go have drinks with. :)

I concur with all of these and vote that way too.