Post subject: Re: Renegades & Rogues + Battle of Theed Errata & Mini FAQ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:11 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Chargers wrote:
Wow. This ability can be read a number of ways:
1. like Lightsaber Throw
2. doesn't state that it replaces attacks, so
. . a. can be used in addition to attacking when moving (one normal attack and one Telekinetic Attack)
. . b. can allow you to move 12 and attack (Telekinetically)
3. like Melee Reach 6 (would LoS be needed?) so would be figured into determining target on her normal attack(s)

Which one was the intent?

B does not work. TC is an attack enhancer, not an ability that provides attacks. It doesn't need to replace attacks because it's use is with regular melee attacks.

As for Epic Duos, SSM is going to work as written on the card in the format (for those that like it that way and in my experience, it doesn't break the format). Disintegration is treated as a regular critical hit.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Nuka wrote:
Count Dooku, Separatist Leader:

If this character would take damage from an attack, an adjacent follower can take the damage instead.

Whenever an enemy within 6 squares damages this character, one adjacent follower with line of sight to that enemy may make 1 immediate attack against that character. This attack does not use the targeting rules.

Question:
Can Dooku benefit from both CE's, i.e. first have a follower make an attack on the attacker. And then transfer the damage Dooku would have taken to one of his adjacent followers?

I would have to say no, as the follower making an attack has the stipulation that Dooku is the one damaged, if the damage is transferred to an adjacent ally, the immediate attack would not trigger.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Lord_Ball wrote:
I would have to say no, as the follower making an attack has the stipulation that Dooku is the one damaged, if the damage is transferred to an adjacent ally, the immediate attack would not trigger.

+1 to this.

Thats how I had envisioned it, too. It gives you a pair of options, though they dont overlap.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Lord_Ball wrote:
Nuka wrote:
Count Dooku, Separatist Leader:

If this character would take damage from an attack, an adjacent follower can take the damage instead.

Whenever an enemy within 6 squares damages this character, one adjacent follower with line of sight to that enemy may make 1 immediate attack against that character. This attack does not use the targeting rules.

Question:
Can Dooku benefit from both CE's, i.e. first have a follower make an attack on the attacker. And then transfer the damage Dooku would have taken to one of his adjacent followers?

This is correct. The transfer of damage happens at the same time as Bodyguard is decided, so Dooku never takes damage.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

jedispyder wrote:
Nonmelee attacks ignore abilities that Lightsaber Throw ignores, such as Damage Reduction or Dark Armor.

the card specifically says TC attacks count as an attack with a lightsaber though. how does it still ignore such abilities? or am I brain farting somewhere?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Dimetrodon wrote:
jedispyder wrote:
Nonmelee attacks ignore abilities that Lightsaber Throw ignores, such as Damage Reduction or Dark Armor.

the card specifically says TC attacks count as an attack with a lightsaber though. how does it still ignore such abilities? or am I brain farting somewhere?

"ignore abilities" means those abilities don't work against it. TC is treated like LS Throw when not adjacent, so it still goes through. It is non-melee so deflect, evade etc work against it from range.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Dimetrodon wrote:
jedispyder wrote:

Because on the card, Damage Reduction and Dark Armor specify that attacks with a Lightsaber ignore them. The full glossary definations states what that means for those abilities, which is adjacent with a Lightsaber or Throw. It was a nice way to match up the wording on the cards, I hoped it would've been a bit more intuitive to grasp. Continuing to use such phrasing will help as they go on, so more abilities can be vulnerable to sabers, and more powers can bypass such abilities.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

The question that came up in regards to Dooku's CE was "Can he transfer damage to a droid since his CE appears to be worded to affect himself?"

We decided no, that despite the tricky wording, the transfer of the damage is still affecting the droid and so being a droid disallows it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:49 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

swinefeld wrote:
Dimetrodon wrote:
jedispyder wrote:

"ignore abilities" means those abilities don't work against it. TC is treated like LS Throw when not adjacent, so it still goes through. It is non-melee so deflect, evade etc work against it from range.

Ah forgot I posted this, I actually just read what jedispyder wrote incorrectly. all the "ignores" got me hehe.

Thanks though =)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

NickName wrote:
The question that came up in regards to Dooku's CE was "Can he transfer damage to a droid since his CE appears to be worded to affect himself?"

We decided no, that despite the tricky wording, the transfer of the damage is still affecting the droid and so being a droid disallows it.

Sounds like a winner to me, as it's a CE first and foremost, so unless the CE specifically states that it affects Droid characters the wording wouldn't matter (the droid character cannot benefit or be "victimized" by it).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:47 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I have a question about rapport (this character costs 1 less when in the same squad as a character with Omega Squad). All the characters that have this rapport ability also have Omega Squad and would therefor benefit from the rapport ability simply by virtue of being in the same squad as themselves. If this was intended why not simply reduce the point cost by 1? If unintentional, should be amended to say "...in the same squad as another character with Omega Squad" Bloomilk's squad builder is currently applying the rapport even with just a single Omega Squad member, which is literally correct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm 

Archdeluxe wrote:
I have a question about rapport (this character costs 1 less when in the same squad as a character with Omega Squad). All the characters that have this rapport ability also have Omega Squad and would therefor benefit from the rapport ability simply by virtue of being in the same squad as themselves. If this was intended why not simply reduce the point cost by 1? If unintentional, should be amended to say "...in the same squad as another character with Omega Squad" Bloomilk's squad builder is currently applying the rapport even with just a single Omega Squad member, which is literally correct.

No, that's not correct, nor is it how it works. If bloomilk is in error, you need to contact Shinja to fix it. In order to benefit from your own special ability or commander effect, the only wording that allows this is when it says specifically, "including this character". You need at least two Omega's to gain rapport.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Recon is worded in a similar way yet it works, as far as I know, with only a single Recon character in the squad. Like i said, "...another character with Omega Squad" is how it should read.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

billiv15 wrote:
Archdeluxe wrote:

No, that's not correct, nor is it how it works. If bloomilk is in error, you need to contact Shinja to fix it. In order to benefit from your own special ability or commander effect, the only wording that allows this is when it says specifically, "including this character". You need at least two Omega's to gain rapport.

That's not exactly my interpretation. You are forgetting the line that is ALWAY included with "including this character". I have always viewed that as reminder text, "characters in this squad" is the key text. But it is not entirely inclusive, Bail Organa can benefit from a portion of his own CE, for example.

That said, the "when in the same squad as" clearly implies another character. I think it is safe to say that a single character Rapport requires a second character

Edit: oops

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:40 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Archdeluxe wrote:
Recon is worded in a similar way yet it works, as far as I know, with only a single Recon character in the squad. Like i said, "...another character with Omega Squad" is how it should read.

That line is there to make sure you only benefit from Recon once.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:39 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Just for confirmation: The card for YV Fire Breather is correct that it does NOT have Force Immunity?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:09 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

MandalMauler wrote:
Just for confirmation: The card for YV Fire Breather is correct that it does NOT have Force Immunity?

Correct.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:40 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

2 Questions

can you TC attack a Vong? or would this be considered a force attack?

also Though bomb ability says remove this character from play. does that mean that your opponent does not get the pleasure of his points towards the victory?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:49 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

LordDragon wrote:
can you TC attack a Vong? or would this be considered a force attack?

Yes, you can. You aren't using a Force Point on the Vong, so it works just fine (along same lines, you can use Lightsaber Throw against a Vong)

LordDragon wrote:
also Though bomb ability says remove this character from play. does that mean that your opponent does not get the pleasure of his points towards the victory?

No, your opponent gets the points. This works the same way as any time you remove a character from play (Transfer Essence, MTB, etc).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I have a question regarding HK-47's CE. If i use a mouse droid to relay his CE, is that mouse droid itself affected by the +4 defense bonus?

Also, when Celeste's sith alchemy says "Target living medium or small enemy with 20 Hit Points or less remaining", does that mean you can disregard targets that does not meet these requirements when you are targeting? More specifically, can you target an Ugnaught sitting behind a full HP General Obi-Wan?
I'm guessing you can't as Obi would still be a target, just not a legal or valid one. But i wanted to be 100% sure.

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437