logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: An update for everyone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:26 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Hey everybody. Man, and I thought I was having an exciting month. DDM is done, Wizkids is done, whats next next. Wow, (not the game but maybe) this economy is crazy. I've never seen anything like thios before ever, even black monday in 89'(might not be the right year, i was a youngling after all) wasn't like this, or heck even after 9/11/01 this didn't happen to this degree.

So I have some good news for everyone. Another week and I'll be back to regular operating statis on the boards. I have my pc on order and it'll be here some time next week. Plus I still have like a million thank you cards to write.

Things are defenatly not feeling normal, but I have to say it doesn't feel the way I thought it would.
The kids are doing much better also. Our daughter still has a long wqay to go, but she's sleeping at night, and her mood swings are disappearing. Now its the long road to recovering her own selfestem which the fire took with it.

From my wife as well. She was funny, she's says to people when it comes to the minis and other ponies and princess dolls that have come our way from youfine folks, "my husband has many good friends, and look what we don't have to buy again. Isn't that nice of all of them." One of my concerns early on was I wounder if she'll be unhappy if I try to start collecting again soon. Now that isn't even an issue.

My set is coming along. You guys have all been a huge help. My son and I are planning to hit up our third tounry since the fire in the next few days. Its nice to be able to do some practice games ahead of time. Now comes the fun part of getting the chase pieces (saracsim), again. But again a big thanks to everyone.

So the clone wars set has comeout. I want to thank my FLGS, a few local friends for helping me get my 3 cases. A complete set and some trade bait is always nice to have from 3 cases. Its amazing to me what I have sort through at this point. I've sleeved well over 1500 cards to this point. Thankfull other than the pieces I'm still missing I don't have anymore to sleeve right now.

I did actually recieve some orphan cards and minis so if you sent something on accendent or can't find something PM me. If I have it I'll return it to you. Please give your name and address in the PM. I've kept track of all the addressess but this will help verify if you are legit in that you sent it. It'd be easy for someone with a moral calaber less than most of us here on this site and the other to attempt to be unscrupulous.

I releasie I've said this before but this is the best gaming group anywhere. I hope this game can survive the current crisis so we can play for years to come. Hey DDM wanna play?

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

Post subject: Re: An update for everyone
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:37 am 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Glad to hear that things are going better. We'll be continuing to pray for you Don. And remember.. if there's anything we can do.. :)

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: An update for everyone
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

So good to see things are on the up for you and your family. :)