logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Springfield, Missouri, Dec. 30, Candy Cane Wars!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:43 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

There ended up being ten players last night for the Candy Cane Wars, which didn't work out perfectly, since some people decided one spot of red would work, so it was basically a 200 pt tourney with lots of Stormies and Clones. I believe it was 5 Obi-Wan Clone squads, 4 Imperial, and 1 Vong (there is red or white on many of them I never noticed). I figured I would have fun and run Imperials.

Map: Ruined Base
Vader, Imp Comm
Palpatine, Sith Lord (handy for Clones!!)
Captain Rex
Felucian Storm Off.
6 Stormtroopers
2 Uggies

Round one versus Gunther, playing Vong with Warmaster, Yomin, Maris Brood, and a bunch of scouts and warriors. We played on my map. He played it very well, and Spit Poison +20 sucks so bad! The game was very close for a while, but, even with Crab Armor, Lah couldn't get enough reduction against the three big hitters, so good Stormie rolls, and a crit from Rex. After Lah was gone, it was clean up. dvader831 1-0

Round two versus my very good friend Matt. Oh, look, Gen. Obi-Wan and clones, with Aurra Sing. My map (actually, all night) again. Needless to say, good old Rex was the hero of the game, pulling off two crits on Obi in the same turn. It was a fun game, but pretty much one sided. dvader 2-0

Final round versus Michael Lewis, a very good player. He's running . . . Obi/Clones, with no one besides Kenobi w/o Order 66. I was plain mean in this game, I'll be the first to admit. I had all my characters hidden besides Palpatine, then ran him up to base a bunch of clones. He made most of his Soresu Saves, so taking Obi down with Palpatine was slow going, so, when he only had 30 HP left, I zapped him, then cleaned up the remaining clones. dvader 3-0

They gave out store credit to anyone 2-1 or better, which was awesome. It was great to play in a large environment. If anyone who was there reads this, it was a blast (minus one disagreement which you can find here)