Date: Saturday, April 27
Time: Registration 9:00-10:00
Location: That Game Place (the new store!) 231 S. 8th St. Lemoyne Pa 17043
Contact Info: Call Charlie or Jasmine at the store at 717-761-8988
or Darth_Jim@SWMGamers.com
Cost: 15$
Tournament information: 200pt constructed, Restricted map list 'C'
Prizes: GenCon Badge (based on attendance) other prizes
Other stuff: My store owner is currently negotiating to have the 501st make an appearance, hopefully earlier than last year, for photo ops and other fun.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

Post subject: Re: Pa/Md Regional
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

You know I'll be there. Hope to see my "far away" friends there too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hey everyone...after a discussion with my store owner, we felt we should move up the registration to 9:00-10:00. We made this change because of the commitment not to start the X-Wing regional until the completion of this regional.

Being organized is for people who are too lazy to look for their stuff.

Lasers make everything better... except Alderaan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:35 pm 
Queen Mother Honey Badger

If anyone out there is wondering, my dispatches from the front indicate that round four is wrapping up. Total attendance 16 players. Current locks in the top 4 appear to be:

Gerry Russell (Caedus, Zannah, GARY)
Jason Kiernan (Lancer)
Josh Hinkel (Caedus, Zannah, Vergere)
Luke Cook (Republic Deathshot Klats)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thanks for the update

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:29 pm 

Luke over Gerry in the finals. Hopefully someone there can post more information on the squads and rankings later.

Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:17 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Well we got home safe and sound at about 2:30 AM, with many thanks to my excellent co-pilots keeping me lucid after a 600mi journey!

Anyhoo... Will do a full pay report later on but for now here was my squad.

"Licensed to Kill"

54 - Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
48 - Darth Zannah
36 - Atton "Jaq" Rand
16 - G.A.R.Y.
14 - Exar Kun, DFS
16 - Sith Recruit x4
8 - R7 Astromech
5 - Caamasi Noble
3 - Uggie Demo

12 acts, went 3-1 in swiss 8 points with a narrow loss to Hinkbert in a virtual mirror match. Love this squad! :maul:

Congrats to Luke on his second Regional! :mrgreen:

Last edited by DarphNader on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

After four rounds of Swiss the rankings were...

Hinkbert 4-0, ten points
UrbanJedi 3-1, eight points
DARPH NADER 3-1, eight points
Luke Cook 3-1, eight points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

My squad:

--Caedus/Zannah--
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
48 Darth Zannah
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
30 Xizor
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
12 Sith Recruit x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

My Map: Asteroid Base

Went undefeated in swiss only to lose in the semis to Luke's Klat squad o' death.

1st Round vs. Captaingig's Sep Klat squad.
I won map but I knew going this would be a difficult win and a 3 point win would be nearly impossible. Steve was initially aggressive but he knew when to pull back too I was able to get 2 Klats via positioning with SBM but it nearly cost me Atton. I then got a 3rd Klat and as luck would have it when Steve shot Zannah she rolled a 19 for SSM trigger LCE and killing his Klat giving me the point lead which ultimately won me the game.
2-0

2nd Round vs Darph Nader and his Caedus/Zannah squad
We played on Rhen Var and it took about 3 rounds to position since Nader controlled the one entrance I was going to use to get to the command center so I had to go around. It was on when everyone converged on the Command Center. I was able to kill his Atton Rand early which gave me a huge advantage. At that point it was a lot of lightsaber swining, saving and corrupting but thankfully the threat of a Vergere force sever and her ability to heal helped me win the game on points. And epic battle to be sure though and a good game all around.
4-0

3rd Round vs Ted and his NR Luke/Celeste/Han squad
We played on Asteroid base. Ted had Watto in his squad to give Han the savage boost. I kept my 10hp guys in the back to keep them from becoming Rakghouls and had Exar haunt Atton. I ran Caedus and Zannah up to bait Ted and he ran Luke out to meet them. Atton and Zannah made short work of Luke (along with some bad saves). Caedus then used Aing-Tii to get to Han and since I won init Caedus was able to take him out. It was basically Celeste versus the world at that point and she didn't last too long.
7-0

4th round vs Jason and his Lancer squad
He won map so we played on Muun. I positioned my Pawns so the Lancer would have to eat the auto damage and Jason decided to go over Caedus who killed the Lancer with a riposte. I then advanced Zannah up the field who made her saves like a boss and eventually killed the 2nd Lancer while Vergere healed herself and Atton. Jason then shot with his IG86 (that he had pawned earlier) and the IG rolled a crit on Zannah who rolled a 20 back for SSM thus defeatin the IG86. Zannah then did the same from a 30 damage attack on Grievous who was then finished off by Caedus. At that point Jason conceded.
10-0

Semis vs Luke and his Klat Assassin Deathshot squad
I knew I was in trouble since Luke was running Morrigan Corde, and to make matters worse he won map roll so we played on Muun. I tried may best to make a game of it by using Zannah to kill a Klat, she then ate 60 dmg from Corde and then ran back to get healed. I then used Caedus to go after some Klats and got 2 of them before he succumbed to deathshots and Corde's assult. A fully healed Zannah took out 2 more Klats before dying. It was the Atton and Vergere left and while Atton made some valiant avoid defeat saves it was nowhere near enough to make a come back.

I would like to say congrats to Luke on his win.

I learned Morrigan Corde is definitely not be trifled with. Also, Map selection and squad selection are even more important now, along with match ups and trying to plan for the meta is.....interesting to say the least.

I want to thank Darth Jim for organizing the event and for Jasmine and Charlie of That Game Place for hosting the event. It was definitely a good time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

When I saw that Muun was making a comeback to the map list, I knew that I would have to give the old double lancer squad a spin to see if it was still viable in today's meta.

I ran
Sid
2x Lancer
Ig-86
GGDAC
Gha
3x uggs
5x mice

First round against Lou and his Sitholorians
This was a bummer as we drove 9 hrs to play each other in the first rd. Going in, Lou and I had talked about this matchup and determined that the only real chance Lou has is if Zannah is rolling 19s and 20s. She didn't and I won this game pretty easy as there wasn't anywhere for Lou to hide.

Rd 2 against Jim and his Corso, Desaan, Nightsister Mother squad.
Jim won map, and I made a huge mistake by letting him set up first (not noticing that all the rooms on the one side were strafe proof). I couldn't strafe Corso as the twin AoOs would kill a lancer, and he had brought in a Kel-dor to further muddy up the issue and the nightsister would also be a problem with the AoO. After 2 rounds we were tied (42 each) and then Jim gave me a chance by leaving Desaan out where I could get to him in 12 squares. I did the math and I needed to hit all 8 attacks (needing 6s) if he made both block saves but I didn't have any better options. I rolled a crit and he failed his block so I brought him down. Then the next round I traded a lancer for the Nightsister mother (I think she even missed the AoO for me). Then Jim made a nice play and ran his Kel-dor up to base IG, Sid and GG. I then traded the second Lancer for 80 damage on Corso. In the meantime the IG had killed the Keldor and done 40 to a lot of dudes. The end stages came down to Grievous running out and blastering Corso to finish him off. Time was called and with another round or so, I would have cleaned everything up but was happy to escape with a 2 pt win. 2-0 5 pts.

Rd 3 against Luke and his death shot Klats.
I missed a line to my lancer, so Luke got a quick 30 on one of them which meant I had to spend at least a round healing so I wouldn't just die to the SD of the first guy I ran over. I then used IG to take out R2 in return and started setting up the mice to block and advance up my other guys behind. Luke didn't realize that you could move without strafing (if you don't strafe for any of that movement) so he advanced up just a little too far with his Klats. That let me fly over them all and then pawn and mow down his commanders killing Mon Mothma, Yularen and Mas. That was the turning point. Then I traded the second Lancer for 3 more klats, and then because I outactivated him, ran out IG and pawned and got one without cover. Then won init and got another one. Sid then pawned it later to deal some damage to morrigan. The next round, Sid finished off Morrigan, the IG finished off the last Klat and then everyone started working on Jabba. 3-0 8 pts.

Rd 4 against Hinkbert
He basically said everything about this match. Zannah sending back a crit on the IG86 was the final nail in the coffin although I felt the whole game was an uphill battle for me because of vergere and the healing/crab armor.
3-1 8 pts.

Made the final 4 and played against Gerry in one of the more epic games I have played.
Gerry won map so we played on Rhen Vhar. I traded the first lancer for a handful of acts (to give me the lead) and 20 Dam on Caedus. I was using my uggos to blow as many doors as possible so the other Lancer could basically go anywhere it wanted. I then swung that lancer around to take out most of the rest of his acts and to start working on GARY. The next round I finished off GARY and flew the lancer to the one edge out of sight right by the big pit. In the meantime Gerry had been mowing down mice and used Sith Battle meditation twice to get Sid up adjacent to Caedus and Zannah and certainly wasn't going to last until the end of the next round. At this point I still had 20 D on Caedus and had snuck through I think 40 D on Zannah but had burned through all her force. Gerry won the next round and used Caedus to nearly finish off Sid (I think he had 20 or 30 left) so if I didn't use him Zannah would kill him for sure. I had the lancer come around and run them both over (hoping to miss on Cauedus so that I could then pawn it and get a ton more attacks on Zannah) but didn't get any damage on Zannah and hit Caedus both times to die to the double riposte (but Caedus was down to just 1 FP). Then Sid Zapped Caedus leaving him at 20, then died to Zannah. Grievous ran up and used blaster to finish off Caedus. Atton was still too far out to do anything but keep working on the mice that were littering up the middle room. Gerry wins init and drops 40 on Grievous. I triple back but am only able to get 30 D through the SSM (Zannah at 40 left). Then IG comes up and bases and can't get any damage through and Gha heals Grievous so that he now has 70 left. Atton kept working on the last of the mice. I win the next init and get 30 more through but leave Zannah at 10 left. Zannah Rages and drops 60 more ov grievous and Atton has finally taken care of all the mice and finishes off Grevious. IG misses and then the next init Gerry finishes off IG and then that is it. This was an epic game and could have gone either way right down to the wire as there were many, many tense die rolls all throughout.

Even had I made it past Gerry, I don't think I would have fared much better as Luke would have certainly been more prepared if we played a rematch.

So thanks to Jim (and Jasmine and Charlie) for hosting this regional and Lou and I, and congrats to Luke for winning the whole thing.