logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:01 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Jester007 wrote:
Jedi_Master wrote:
Your guy has a lot of deception, almost to much, and persuasion. He can do the back up medic or the pilot. He can be a good computer tech too. Thing is, you have quite a bit of waste. What could you need two levels in linguist for? Why do you need skill focus in deception for when you have master of disguise? What I am suggesting is drop a linguist for a decent shooter feat like Precise shot or quick draw and maybe drop the skill training in deception for a medic related feat like medical team or a group benefit like deceptive drop or demoralizing strike. You can be a great spy still but with added usefulness at almost no cost.

Like I said, it is just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it. Just trying to make it so you do not have to worry about having to make another character should treebird not offer enough opportunity for you.

I really do appreciate the suggestions you have been making. I understand that we all want to have good synergy w/ each other, but I wanted to do more of a skill heavy character.

I took the two Linguist feats because I wanted to increase my chances of success as an infiltrator/spy. I thought it fit my character better. It also gives me options of possibly disguising myself as a different species.

Since my character is really dependant on his ability to bluff his way, I really had to take a skill focus in deception. The Master of Disguise feat ONLY works on creating false documents and disguises, not lying through my teeth.

As I gain levels, I do plan on taking abilities that will help the group out more directly. I still don't plan on being a guy in the front line blasting away. I was thinking of taking a few levels in Crime Lord once the opportunity comes and taking the Impel Ally talents that let me burn swift actions to give someone else a move or standard action.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Thats fine but there are other ways to be more balanced than how your character is setup
Right now we have Two straight non combat,then the jedi healer and trevors hide/melee.

Meaning that if we have to kill anything its pretty much up to JM's wife and Me.
I think some talent buffs or a backup shooter isnt too much to ask?
All I am asking for is a little more balance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:49 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Course I could just go w/ a Soldier Pistolier and prestige into a Gunslinger. I would have to give that some serious thought cause I'm already playing a heavy shooter in the other campaign.

Sincerely,
Jester007

Punting jawas may be bad, but its just so FUN!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:33 pm 

Ok, here's something I have cooked up as a possibility for me to play if you are all so worried about us getting overwhelmed in a fight:

Soldier 3
STR 8
DEX 16
CON 16
INT 12
WIS 14
CHA 8

REF: 17, FORT: 18, WILL: 15
HP: 55

FEATS: Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Weapon Proficiency (Pistol, Rifle, Simple), Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Pistols), Precise Shot, Dual Weapon Mastery I

Talents: Weapon Specialization (Pistols), Tough as Nails

Skills: Initiaitve +9, Mechanics +7, Endurance +9, Pilot +9, Perception +8

Gear: Two quickdraw heavy blaster pistols w/ improved accuracy tech upgrade

Attack: +8 (+9 w/ Point Blank) 3D8 +3 (+4 w/ Point Blank)
+3/+3 (+4/+4 w/ Point Blank) 3D8 +3 (+4 w/ Point Blank) each

Nothing fancy, just a gun for hire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jester007 wrote:

Just a reminder that these guns are 3500 each.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am 

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jester007 wrote:

Just a reminder that these guns are 3500 each.

Shouldn't be. The quickdraw template only adds 10% to the base cost (750 x 1.1 = 825). Licensing then will be 825 x 1.2 = 990. Then add the 2000 for the tech upgrade and then that should bring each one up to 2990. Anything I am missing?

Sincerely,
Jester007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:42 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Your right it is 10% for the template, not the 1000 I originally though. So the base cost of the gun is 825. Since it is a rare item you multiply that by 2 then add the 2000 for the tech upgrade, which brings the total to 3,650. Now you do not have to pay a license fee on the tech or the rarity so you would also need a weapons permit for 82.5 bringing the total to 3,732.5 each. (I did not multiply the template previously for the rare item, which I should have.)

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:53 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Obi I found some errors in your character and have corrected them below.

He-Who-Shale-Not-be-Named CL 3

Medium Clawdite scout 3
Destiny 3; Force 6
Init +8; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, Clawdite, 1 unassigned

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 15), Fort 14, Will 13
hp 36; Threshold 14

Speed 6 squares
Melee stun baton +4 (2d6+3) or
Melee shockboxing gloves +4 (1d6+4)
Ranged ion pistol +4 (3d6+1 ion) or
Ranged blaster pistol +4 (3d6+1)
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Atk Options K'tara Training
Special Actions shapeshift

Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 12
Special Qualities shapeshift
Talents Hidden Movement, Improved Stealth
Feats K'tara Training, Martial Arts I, Skill Focus (Stealth), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Initiative +8, Mechanics +7, Perception +6, Pilot +8, Stealth +13 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Survival +6
Secondary Skills Acrobatics +3, Climb +3, Deception +2, Endurance +1, Gather Information +2, Jump +3, Knowledge (any) +2, Persuasion +2, Ride +3, Swim +3, Treat Injury +1, Use Computer +2
Possessions blaster pistol, credit chip (13,412 credits), ion pistol, shockboxing gloves, stun baton

If you wanted to spend the credits (3200-600=2600) you could upgrade the shockboxing gloves to have the Bathon template for an extra die of damage.

----------------------------------------------
[edit] I just realized that I don't have anyone's Destiny selections. Please let me know what one you pick, It will come into effect in this game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:45 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I would like to get started. Is having all characters completed and in review by Sunday night work for everyone? That way we can start on Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Obi I found some errors in your character and have corrected them below.

He-Who-Shale-Not-be-Named CL 3

Medium Clawdite scout 3
Destiny 3; Force 6
Init +8; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, Clawdite, 1 unassigned

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 15), Fort 14, Will 13
hp 36; Threshold 14

Speed 6 squares
Melee stun baton +4 (2d6+3) or
Melee shockboxing gloves +4 (1d6+4)
Ranged ion pistol +4 (3d6+1 ion) or
Ranged blaster pistol +4 (3d6+1)
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Atk Options K'tara Training
Special Actions shapeshift

Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 12
Special Qualities shapeshift
Talents Hidden Movement, Improved Stealth
Feats K'tara Training, Martial Arts I, Skill Focus (Stealth), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Primary Skills Initiative +8, Mechanics +7, Perception +6, Pilot +8, Stealth +13 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Survival +6
Secondary Skills Acrobatics +3, Climb +3, Deception +2, Endurance +1, Gather Information +2, Jump +3, Knowledge (any) +2, Persuasion +2, Ride +3, Swim +3, Treat Injury +1, Use Computer +2
Possessions blaster pistol, credit chip (13,412 credits), ion pistol, shockboxing gloves, stun baton

If you wanted to spend the credits (3200-600=2600) you could upgrade the shockboxing gloves to have the Bathon template for an extra die of damage.

----------------------------------------------
[edit] I just realized that I don't have anyone's Destiny selections. Please let me know what one you pick, It will come into effect in this game.

I'll upgrade to the bothan template. That way my character does a bit more dmg. I'll subtract the 1000 credits from my account to have the upgrade done.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Obi please delete your post in the character thread. I will post it there after I review any final changes.

Also a Clawdite reaches middle age at 31. Middle age has the following modifiers: -1 to Str, Dex, Con; +1 to Int, Wis, Cha. Did you do this intentionally? If so the stats I listed are wrong because they are for an adult Clawdite.

Finally you need to subtract 2600 credits from the total I have listed on your cred chip to cover the 'upgrade', not 1000.

[edit] you still need to select a destiny.

Oh, and the Bothin template adds one die to stun damage, and subtracts one die from any other setting... so it would be:
Melee shockboxing gloves +4 (2d6+4 stun) or +4 (4 regular)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:07 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Obi please delete your post in the character thread. I will post it there after I review any final changes.

Also a Clawdite reaches middle age at 31. Middle age has the following modifiers: -1 to Str, Dex, Con; +1 to Int, Wis, Cha. Did you do this intentionally? If so the stats I listed are wrong because they are for an adult Clawdite.

Finally you need to subtract 2600 credits from the total I have listed on your cred chip to cover the 'upgrade', not 1000.

Oh, and the Bothin template adds one die to stun damage, and subtracts one die from any other setting... so it would be:

Haha, that explains a multitude of sins. Obi, remember what I posted earlier, that means it was all correct ^^, just didn't realize the middle age thing was being added in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:

I did the extra d6 because of K'tara training. So it should be 3d6 +4 of stun and 1d6+4 of regular.

My destiny is Liberation, if you hadn't gathered that from my backstory. I didn't intentionally pick his age to have the negative modifiers. What age do i need to be to have neutral effect on my character?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:32 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

obikenobi1 wrote:
TreebeardTheEnt wrote:

I did the extra d6 because of K'tara training. So it should be 3d6 +4 of stun and 1d6+4 of regular.

My destiny is Liberation, if you hadn't gathered that from my backstory. I didn't intentionally pick his age to have the negative modifiers. What age do i need to be to have neutral effect on my character?

The available destinies are Destruction, discovery, and rescue.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:13 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

obikenobi1 wrote:

I didn't intentionally pick his age to have the negative modifiers. What age do i need to be to have neutral effect on my character?

The K'tara Training feat creates an attack option that can only be used if the defender is flat-footed. It does not effect the base damage of the weapon like the Bathin template does.

The adult age of the Clawdite species is 16 to 30.

[edit] I see that you added a vidro-knife to your character. I cannot find this item in any of the books. Did you mean a vibrodagger? Because you are not proficient with advanced melee weapons you would incur -5 attack with it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
I would like to get started. Is having all characters completed and in review by Sunday night work for everyone? That way we can start on Monday.

So far...all signs point to no. Work it people!!! It is only a level 3 character, should take like 30 minutes tops.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I know this is the wrong place to post characters, but I was wondering if this one is OK by the GM.
Avran Jenko CL 3

Medium Selkath Jedi 3
Dark Side 1
Init +3; Senses Perception +5
Languages Selkath

Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 14, Will 16; Believer Intuition
hp 46; Threshold 14
Immune drowning

Speed 4 squares
Melee vibro-ax +5 (2d10+3) or
Melee vibro-ax +5 (2d10+5) with both hands
Ranged by weapon +0
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Special Actions High Impact
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +14) energy resistance, vital transfer (2)

Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 17
Special Qualities able healer, breathe underwater, expert swimmer
Talents Believer Intuition, High Impact
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, lightsabers, simple weapons)
Skills Acrobatics -2, Climb -2, Endurance -4, Initiative +3, Jump -2, Perception +5, Stealth -2, Swim -2 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Use the Force +14
Possessions vibro-ax, weave armor (+6 armor, +2 equipment)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:11 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jonny, I am posting this here so the other players can also comment if they want.

Found a few mistakes with the character you PMed me. The biggest one is that the character has only 28 worth of ability points. Second, you do not get any additional languages unless you have a Int modifier so I removed Huttese. Finlay the Neutronium Reinforcement that you applied to the Ax is a Military upgrade. That means that you have to purchase it from the black market at x4 the base cost. Since Neutronium Reinforcement cost 3,000 credits the upgrade would cost 12,000 if purchased before the game. I suggest having this done in game to utilize the skills of your fellow players.

Also, I see that your character's specialty is melee, but I would get a blaster for the times that you cannot get into melee immediately.

[edit] Please fill in the appearance information at the bottom the the stats. [/edit]

Skad CL 3

Medium Houk soldier 3
Destiny 3 (Rescue); Force 6
Init +3; Senses Perception +1
Languages Basic, Houk

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 15), Fort 18, Will 11
hp 55; Threshold 18

Speed 6 squares
Melee vibro-ax +7 (2d10+7) or
Melee vibro-ax +7 (2d10+11) with both hands or
Melee vibro-ax +11 (2d10+12) with Powerful Charge or
Melee vibroblade +7 (2d6+5) or
Melee vibroblade +11 (2d6+6) with Powerful Charge
Ranged by weapon +5
Base Atk +3; Grp +7
Atk Options Maniacal Charge, Melee Assault, Power Attack, Powerful Charge
Special Actions Commanding Presence

Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 6, Cha 10
Special Qualities physical intimidation
Talents Commanding Presence, Melee Assault
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Maniacal Charge, Power Attack, Powerful Charge, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Jump +10, Perception +1, Persuasion +6 (+10 to intimidate), Pilot +8
Possessions credit chip (12,587 credits), utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), vibro-ax (tech specialist mod; +2 damage), vibroblade
Load 11.9kg / 81kg / 162kg

Age ; Hair Color ; Hair Length and Style ; Eye Color ; Height m; Weight kg
Appearance

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

spacemanspiff wrote:
I know this is the wrong place to post characters, but I was wondering if this one is OK by the GM.

You posted in the correct location. Once I approve the character I will post it in the character thread. I will look a the stats as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Is that better? I dont have a clue what my credits are?

Skad CL 3

Medium Houk soldier 3
Destiny 3 (Rescue); Force 6
Init +8; Senses Perception +1
Languages Basic, Houk, Selkath

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 15), Fort 18, Will 11
hp 55; Threshold 18

Speed 6 squares
Melee vibro-ax +7 (2d10+7) or
Melee vibro-ax +7 (2d10+11) with both hands or
Melee vibro-ax +11 (2d10+12) with Powerful Charge or
Ranged by weapon +5
Base Atk +3; Grp +7
Atk Options Maniacal Charge, Melee Assault, Power Attack, Powerful Charge
Special Actions Commanding Presence

Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 6, Cha 10
Special Qualities physical intimidation
Talents Commanding Presence, Melee Assault
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Maniacal Charge, Power Attack, Powerful Charge, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Jump +10, Perception +1, Persuasion +6 (+10 to intimidate), Pilot +8,Endurance +9
Possessions credit chip (12,587 credits), utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), vibro-ax (tech specialist +2 damage),Blaster Pistol
Load 11.9kg / 81kg / 162kg

Age ; Hair Color ; Hair Length and Style ; Eye Color ; Height m; Weight kg
Appearance

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:22 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Spiff, You are missing a class feat. I added a credit chip so you don't have to carry wads of credits with you.

Two major problems I see: 1) you cannot talk with anyone because you do not have basic and I don't think anyone speaks his language. 2) Dark Side points are permanent in this game, and you only get 7 before the character is considered dead. If you follow the teachings of the Believer Disciple's than you are likely going to loose the character. If you don't follow there teaching the abilities the character has taken is only for the game stats and it is a munchkin...

Avran Jenko CL 3

Medium Selkath Jedi 3
Destiny 3; Force 6; Dark Side 1
Init -2; Senses Perception +5
Languages Selkath

Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 14, Will 16; Believer Intuition
hp 46; Threshold 14
Immune drowning

Speed 4 squares
Melee vibro-ax +0 (2d10+3) or
Melee vibro-ax +0 (2d10+5) with both hands
Ranged by weapon +0
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Special Actions High Impact
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +9) energy resistance, vital transfer (2)

Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 17
Special Qualities able healer, breathe underwater, expert swimmer
Talents Believer Intuition, High Impact
Feats Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, lightsabers, simple weapons)
Skills Acrobatics -2, Climb -2, Endurance -4, Initiative -2, Jump -2, Perception +5, Stealth -2, Swim -2 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Use the Force +9
Possessions credit chip, 9400 credits, vibro-ax, weave armor (+6 armor, +2 equipment)
Load 21.1kg / 56.3kg / 112.5kg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next