logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (No Player Openings)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:15 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

obikenobi1 and spacemanspiff, is there a time that will work best for you this coming weekend?

Also, please take time to post in the in character thread. I have been very forgiving on the -50xp. Consider this a warning. Anyone that does not post at least once every 24 hours in the in-character thread or PM me why that is not possible will start loosing the XP.

:r2d2:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:39 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
obikenobi1 and spacemanspiff, is there a time that will work best for you this coming weekend?

Also, please take time to post in the in character thread. I have been very forgiving on the -50xp. Consider this a warning. Anyone that does not post at least once every 24 hours in the in-character thread or PM me why that is not possible will start loosing the XP.

:r2d2:

Thank you fro being forgiving, and Saturday the 22nd should work fine for me at around 7:00 or Sunday the same time. I am kinda like Jester with the exception of Tuesday night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sounds like Saturday is the one that works for everyone. Jonny, we can start later in the evening if that will let you get out. What time would we have to start for that to work?

Smiley courtesy of my daughter:
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:39 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

There is the deal I have to work on a video so ill be able to talk on skype and glace at vassal here and there. But most the time ill have to be editing a video for Sunday morning. So someone might have to move my character around.

Anytime after 6

I have been working on a jungle set for the up coming Sunday service. So it looks like ill have to edit and play at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

50XP warning. Anyone that does not post by 7am EST tomorrow will loose experience.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

obikenobi1 wrote:
"This place was alligned with the seperatists in the war."

This was neither in the GL checks or in the information given to us. As such it is out of character information and should be disregarded. Unless I am missing something?

jonnyb815 wrote:
Can some one that has survival find out where north is or/and try and track?

Every RP I have ever been a part of has looked very poorly on this kind of out of character comment. Normally when it is said it becomes the one thing nobody else can do because it would be meta-gaming. If walter is fine with us chatting like that, then alright, but I want to ask directly, Walter, is it ok to ask other characters to do things our character can not do out of character?

I am not trying to be a dick, just, both of these have gotten people docked a lot of exp in other campaigns I have been a part of and I don't want anybody to get in trouble for it. This should be early enough where it can be overlooked if it is bad, so I wanted to point them out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

my character is not working just delete him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:21 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jonny, What is not working?

--------------------------------------

Anyone that has a pistol. How are you carrying your gun? The weapon does not come with a holster...

-------------------------------------
[edit] I am trying to let you, the players, find your own path. When the story falters I will directly lead it in the direction I have planed, but I prefer to indirectly do so based on your actions. With that in mind, what are you going to do now that you have found locals? :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Jedi_Master wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
"This place was alligned with the seperatists in the war."

This was neither in the GL checks or in the information given to us. As such it is out of character information and should be disregarded. Unless I am missing something?

jonnyb815 wrote:
Can some one that has survival find out where north is or/and try and track?

Every RP I have ever been a part of has looked very poorly on this kind of out of character comment. Normally when it is said it becomes the one thing nobody else can do because it would be meta-gaming. If walter is fine with us chatting like that, then alright, but I want to ask directly, Walter, is it ok to ask other characters to do things our character can not do out of character?

I am not trying to be a dick, just, both of these have gotten people docked a lot of exp in other campaigns I have been a part of and I don't want anybody to get in trouble for it. This should be early enough where it can be overlooked if it is bad, so I wanted to point them out.

Obi's comment is considered common knowledge at this time since most of the galaxy knows that the Banking Clan started the war and created most of the battle droids that were used by the seperatists. I provided information about the planet in general, not about it's involvement in the galaxy.

As for Jonny's comment, I have always played that if the character knows that another character is good at something they can ask in-character for them to do something which will indirectly cause a skill check, but since you are still getting to know each other, and the comment was out-of-character it would be considered meta-gaming. Though I have never docked a player experience for this, it has always removed that option from the table, even if another player had thought of it and made sense in-game. That being said this is a game that we are all participating in, what does everyone else think?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Jonny, What is not working?

--------------------------------------

Anyone that has a pistol. How are you carrying your gun? The weapon does not come with a holster...

-------------------------------------
[edit] I am trying to let you, the players, find your own path. When the story falters I will directly lead it in the direction I have planed, but I prefer to indirectly do so based on your actions. With that in mind, what are you going to do now that you have found locals? :P

I'm going to go with have everybody burn 25 credits (50 for hidden) so we have some as I don't believe anybody thought of holsters :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:30 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

That would be cheating :D

And you all seam to be aimlessly wondering, so finding a shop would be something to do...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:36 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
That would be cheating :D

And you all seam to be aimlessly wondering, so finding a shop would be something to do...

Lol, really? Wow, now you're just nitpicking.

It's not like their characters just sprang up out of no where and just now realized they didn't have holsters. Seems overly critical of a common player "error" that is typically not tracked anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:26 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yes, I was just kidding. If you want a basic hip holster just add it and deduct the cost. If you want anything else you will have to find it.

Post subject: Re: Dawn of Defiance PBP/Vassel Game (One Player Opening)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:34 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sorry for the double post.

We now have one player opening. If anyone is interested they can play the character named Skad until I am able to introduce a character of their making. If one of the current players is willing they can play two characters until the player slot is filled or until the mission is completed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:35 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

TreebeardTheEnt wrote:
Yes, I was just kidding. If you want a basic hip holster just add it and deduct the cost. If you want anything else you will have to find it.

Comments like what you made and the whole saying i was trying to meta game when I didnt even do what I wanted.

I was trying to think ahead just in case. SORRY I SAID CAN ANYONE MAKE THE CHECK THAN DOES ANYONE HAVE SURVIVAL. Yes I know thats till meta gaming but I am not going to take the time and look at others sheets.

Then you changed my character with out letting me fix my problems. If you would of just let us edit your own characters and trust us this would of never happened. I would of been able to make my own checks and not have to worry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:41 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

the real reason I quit is because you wont let us edit your own characters and trust us.
That means you really care about the rules and not game play.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Ok ill still play only if I can fix my character how he should of been since you never let me fix him.

ALL OF THIS COULD OF BEEN SOLVED IF YOU WOULD TRUST US.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

You asked me to change your character (reduce the Int by 2 and add 2 to the Wis) and I did so, then you did not like what you asked me to do so I offered ways to fix the character to get closer to what you were thinking. Here is what I offered again:
Quote:
You can exchange the Shake it Off feat you gained when you multi-classes for the Skill Training feat. The new skill can be selected from ether classes skill set (Soldier or Scout). Also, if you want, you can reduce your wisdom by 1 and add it to your intelligence. This will allow you to add one of your 4th level ability improvements to intelligence to add a skill.

Also, thinking ahead is a good thing, and something that you should be doing as a player. I encourage you to plan the levels that you are going to take as your character advances and to know the rules and how they work. As I said privately, I don't think you did anything wrong intentionally. That is why I took the time to explain what metagaming is and how you can work within the rules to get the desired result.

Finlay, the reason I wanted to post the approved characters was so that once a character was approved it would remain static (this did not happen with your character, I know) and so I would have access to the post in the event a player left the game. This is how all the play-by-post games I have participated in have been handled and I felt that is was a reasonable way to do things, so I followed the example I had seen.

This is my first time GMing using the SAGA edition rules, my first time running a play-by-post game, and my first time running a game on-line. I felt that building on the experiences I have had, and the advise I have and still receive from other GM's was the best place to start.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
the real reason I quit is because you wont let us edit your own characters and trust us.
That means you really care about the rules and not game play.

jonnyb815 wrote:
Ok ill still play only if I can fix my character how he should of been since you never let me fix him.

ALL OF THIS COULD OF BEEN SOLVED IF YOU WOULD TRUST US.

My goal for this game is to have fun bringing the world of Star Wars to life in an enjoyable way for all involved. The goes for the players and myself. I have had the most memorable experiences RPGing during the role playing sessions when I was interacting with the other players. So to me the characters interaction and their direct involvement in the story is the most important thing. That being said I also have a Meloncoley personality, which means that I realize that the rules are there for a reason and will follow them unless they don't make any sense.

I hope I addressed your trust issue with this post and my previous one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Just wanted to let you know Walter that I think you're doing a great job as a GMer. I'm actually rather impressed with the quality because it's been a long time since I've played a literate RPG. Most RPG's nowadays revolve around omnipotent and omniscient characters with godly battles that never end because thats what people seem to be interested in: who built the better character vs. creating a story. Quite similar to the fights seen in Dragon Ball Z. :lol: As a side note for Johnny, we had a stang load of time to build characters. If you couldn't do a skill check yourself you could of attempted to manipulate one of the characters in game to do so. Plus, like JM said, it was caught early in the game so it would of been excused. It's just basic etiquette.

Oh and I don't mind playing as Skad. However, I'm not familiar with the character so if someone else thinks they're capable of doing it a lot better, then please do so =^.^= I just want this RPG to be enjoyable for everyone. I really like the freedom we have so far in the game but I'm also afraid of making up things in the environments that might not be there. But, eh, that's why we're able to edit our posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next