logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 pts DCI, ACME Games, Cincinatti OH 6/12/08
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Last night we played 100 points DCI. Had 10 players total. First time I've played 100 points since LOTF came out, so I had a little bit of trouble deciding what to play. I ended up going with thejumpingflea's Hunting Season squad:

YV Jedi Hunter x3
YV Shaper
Wicket
Caamasi Noble
Ugo x2

One of the main reasons I decided to go with something like this was because I didn't want to play something that was dependent on Initiative control because I figured I'd end up having to deal with Han GH. As it turned out....nobody played that Han. :P Still worked out well for me though.

I picked Ravaged Base for my map of choice and either won map choice or opponent didn't have a map for every game, so I played on it for all 4 games.

First round: Played against Nick, one of the newer kids in our group. Poor guy had a fun squad to play, and would do fine against some things, but not my squad, and not much of what everyone else ran. He had Antares Draco and 3 Imperial Knights, and hardly anybody played melee-centered squads last night, so he didn't do too well at all. A full description of this game isn't even necessary. I won without losing a single piece, and barely even took any damage. Lobo 1-0

2nd round against Josh, who is always a tougher opponent, and comes up with some wacky builds sometimes. He had been threatening earlier in the evening to play a squad with 2 Golan Turrets just for fun, but decided to go with his original idea: Luke LOTLS, Lando DS, BBSV, General Dodonna, R2-D2, and 2 Ugos. The Turrets (squad had 2 Golans, + Luke LOTLS and filler) would have really given me a headache with the DR 10. Against the squad he ran though, it was just a matter of time, really. I gave up a little bit of damage on a JH in one round to pull off a Thud Bug on Lando, so that helped. And then the end of that round I based both Luke and Lando keeping them from being able to really do anything. Even though I lost that next init, He couldn't do enough damage in 2 activations to kill one JH, so I finished off all 3 of his shooters in one round. He did pretty well throughout the rest of the night though, finishing 3-1 I believe. Lobo 2-0

Round three, played against DMLackey, who had a neat concept, and did well with it otherwise: Darth Vader Unleashed, Nyna Calixte, Kel Dor BH x2, and Ugo x2. This was the toughest game of the night for me, or at least I thought at first. I started on the outside of the Ravaged Base, and advanced into the center room. Out-activating him made a big difference in this game, and he made a critical mistake at the end of Round 2. He moved Vader into the central hallway, trying to set himself up for a Lightsaber Throw 5 on the next round. What he didn't realize was that I still had one JH left to activate, AND he put himself within range of my Wicket and my Shaper which had already activated in that round. So I based him with the JH and hit both attacks, which completely protected all my other pieces from a LT5. Turned out, I won init anyways, and whacked Vader twice more, but missed one attack, leaving him with 60. Instead of going for the kill, I tried to Thud Bug, and he made the save. At that point though, he was going to get whacked by at least my 3rd JH, and he decided the only chance at all was to run and hope for the Dark Armor saves to come through. Attacks of Opportunity both hit....and both DR saves fail, even after a Force Point re-roll (we couldn't remember if that was allowable per Force Immunity rules, but went ahead and let him take it, since it was pretty much over at that point anyways. So then, it was just a matter of chasing down the Kel Dors and Nyna. Two Ugos sacrificed themselves to put the finishing damage on one Kel Dor, and one of my JH's took the hit for the other one. Still had all 3 of them alive at the end of that game though. Lobo 3-0

Round 4 I face one of the younger guys, Lance, who had actually been lucky enough to beat a 2-0 persion in the previous round. Lance came into our last game 2-1. He had Boba Merc Commander, a Mando Gunslinger, Mando Trooper, and a Human Bodyguard. He did decent with his advancement and positioning, but the Gunslinger and Trooper both fell in the same round, and after that it was just a matter of chasing down Boba, which wasn't that hard. I had decent luck all around last night in terms of winning Initiatives. Lobo 4-0

So, all in all throughout the night, I never lost a single JH, and never lost the Shaper. I'm thinking I may not have lost Wicket either, now that I think about it. However, I only faced 2 Accurate Shooters (Luke LOTLS, Boba and Co.) and Lance really didn't utilize Accurate as well as most people would have. He probably had at least one chance to kill my shaper and didn't take it, but he is a newer player (maybe 3-4 months, and not necessarily every single week). The only two people playing Boba BH had a rough night of it, James in particular, as he lost to one of the younger guys in a close match. James had Boba, Lobot (Lando DS), Dodonna, and filler, and Joshua had Lumiya, Boba Enforcer, and filler. Apparently James failed pretty much every Evade save, and then afterwards there was some question about the legality of a particular move in light that both players forgot that Boba Enforcer does NOT have Flight. The other Boba BH squad was paired with Aurra Sing, but partly because that player forgot his pieces for the night, and just needed to borrow a couple. He knew going in that only 2 activations would hurt him, but he's a good sport about it. One other guy (Mike, 3302 on the forums) played a variant of Broken Boba, but with Cade, Depa, and R2, and did decent with it as well.

The best part about the evening...out of the 4 boosters we opened for prize support, we pulled a Nomi Sunrider (2nd week in a row!) and since I got first place, I snatched her up. She was the final piece for LOTF that I was missing! :D

Post subject: Re: 100 pts DCI, ACME Games, Cincinatti OH 6/12/08
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

yeah I thought that any time a save was involved with vong, you could NOT reroll, but that is interesting.

congrats on getting nomi!!!!

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

FAQ wrote:
Dark Armor

Q: Can Darth Vader, Jedi Hunter spend a Force point to reroll the Dark Armor save if he is hit by an attack by an enemy with the Force Immunity power?

A: No. That would be spending a Force point to respond to the attack, and Force Immunity does not allow that. See the Force Immunity for more details.

Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Cool, thanks for digging that up for me, I hadn't had a chance to check, and we didn't have the FAQ immediately on hand last night. Like I said, it really didn't matter, as he still failed the save on the re-roll.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:14 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

yeah I know, and sometimes it doesnt really make a big difference in the game, but I am working, so I was able to look it up!

that was going to be the squad I played if I went to my LGS's 100 pt event last week, but alas I was traveling!!!

Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:52 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Thanks for the clarification! Lobo and I were both scratching our heads last night. It did not really matter though...My Vader was dying fast! And I deserved it too after making that awlful mistake.

I recapped my matches over here on the 100pts Squads forum.

Last night would have been even better had a 2nd VR been pulled, but I am glad to see Lobo get his set completed. All that is left now is.....REMATCH!!! :lsfight: